Top Ten Reasons To Love Queensbury
1. Gateway to the Adirondack Region
2. The Center For Health & Sports Enthusiasts
Find mountain trails for hiking and biking! Trails include the Prospect Mountain hiking trail, the Feeder Canal bike trail, the Warren County Bikeway and a growing comprehensive network of multi-modal trails.
There are public launch sites for canoes and kayaks on Lake George, Glen Lake and the Hudson River for an array of water sport activities. You can fish, sunbathe, or just cruise in your boat and enjoy your surroundings. Golf Digest placed this region second in the nation for total golf experience, So don't forget your clubs!
Other park and recreation facilities include: Gurney Lane pool, pavilion and nature trails, Hovey Pond, Hudson river boat launch and park, Jenkinsville Park's baseball, softball, and soccer fields and much more!
3. The North Country's Retail Shopping Haven
4. World Famed Theme Parks
Queensbury has some of the country's oldest theme parks in operation, including:
- The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom
- Magic Forest
- Wild West Ranch
5. Rich & Exciting History
- Home to the famous French and Indian war sites
- Fort William Henry and museum
- Fort Edward and Rogers Island Visitor's center
- Site of the Bloody Morning Scout ambush/ Ephraim Williams monument, Bloody Pond and Blind Rock.
- Bolton Museum, Lake George Museum, Chapman Museum, Hyde Museum, Warren County Historical Society and Historical Collections, Fort Edward's Old Fort house Museum
- Heart of the regional Native American trail system and military trail / warpath reenactments
Queensbury is home to over 100 fine local hotels, motels, restaurants and dining facilities for easy access to the region's best attractions.
7. Fine Location & Transportation Facilities
Utilize Queensbury's Airport and hangar facilities, municipal bus and trolley system, and conveniently travel to major cities: Albany, Boston, Montreal and New York City are all within a 4-hour drive!
8. Potential Development of Commercial & Industrial Sites
- Airport and Adirondack industrial parks
- Office, Commercial, Light Industrial, Heavy Industrial and multi-use zones
- Home to key medical device manufacturers
- Within the first sphere of influence to an interstate-linked technology park and GlobalFoundries, the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry
9. Popular Local Events
Saratoga Race Track, The Adirondack Balloon Festival, Albany Saratoga Speedway, LARAC arts and crafts festivals, the Special Olympics, Polar Plunge, Memorial Day Parade, AHL Hockey, Elvis Festival, Americade, car shows and more!
10. Top 10 Real Estate Buy
U.S. News & World Report recognized the Queensbury region as one of the nation's ten best housing markets in the next decade, in terms of best home buys and appreciation.