Glens Falls Holiday Guide > Charities
How you can help those in need this season
Looking to spread cheer beyond your family, friends and loved ones this holiday season? There are many different ways you can give back around the holidays with various charities, food drives and more. Take a look at the options, and offer a helping hand this season!
Charity Fundraisers and Events
|See all Charity & Fundraiser Events »|
Local and Regional Charities
- The Open Door - The Open Door is a Christian Ministry dedicated to reaching out and serving the needs of the homeless and unfortunate of our community regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation. One way this is accomplished is through the provision of nutritious meals served in a welcoming environment.
47 Lawrence Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- Double H Ranch - The Double H Ranch located in beautiful Lake Luzerne, New York is a nonprofit organization that provides a Summer Residential Camp, an Adaptive Winter Sports Program and Spring and Fall Family Programming to children and their families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. All programs are FREE of charge and capture the magic of the Adirondacks.
97 Hidden Valley Road, Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
- Cornerstone Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry -
293 1/2 Main Street, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
- Toys For Tots - The mission of the Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.
3033 St. Rt. 4, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
- Make-A-Wish Northeast New York Chapter -
The Make-A-Wish FoundationÂ grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. The Northeast New York chapter serves the 15 counties that comprise the 518 area code.
One Mustang Drive, Cohoes, NY 12047
- UJA Federation of New York -
With your donation, our network can feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and train the unemployed. We can respond quickly in a crisis. We can direct aid where it will do the most good — efficiently, effectively, and compassionately. And we can help ensure a strong, vital Jewish nation for generations to come.
130 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022
The Salvation Army - The traditional red kettle is an integral part of the Christmas scene, with millions of dollars donated each year to aid needy families, seniors, and the homeless, in keeping with the spirit of the season. Donations provide Christmas dinners, clothing, and toys for families in need.
13-15 Chester Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- The American Red Cross of Northeastern New York- The Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas: Disaster Relief, supporting America's Military Families, Lifesaving Blood, Health and Safety Services, International Services. American Red Cross of Glens Falls
74 Warren Street Glens Falls, NY 12801
- Disabled American Veterans - This nonprofit organization dedicated to the service of our nation's injured heroes. DAV is here to help them and to ensure that they are not alone on their road to recovery. The organization links Vets with services that assist them with physical, emotional, and financial needs. DAV helps service-injured veterans with job training and connects them with job assistance programs. The foundation also gives emergency grants to ill and injured veterans who have been impacted by natural disasters. DAV is now serving the Glens Falls Area and its Veterans.
- MITO Hope and Help - The program is dedicated to raising awareness of the Mitochondrial diseases. Mito Hope and Help has established an endowment fund with Albany Med that will fund the position of a nurse practitioner under Dr.Darius Adams who is a geneticist at the hospital.
33 Milton Street, Warrensburg , NY
- The WAIT House of Glens Falls, NY - The Wait House provides stability to youth who present themselves as homeless. This will be accomplished through the immediate provision of coordinated services; reunification of families where appropriate; the provision of supervised emergency and transitional housing, with the goal of personal responsibility and self-sufficiency.
Po Box 3252, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- WWAARC - The Warren, Washington & Albany Counties chapter of NYSARC serves people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. Their vision is to support and empower families and people with development disabilities so they my realize their full potential in our communities.
436 Quaker Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
- Glens Falls
Discover Hometown USA, Glens Falls NY!
Visit Queensbury, NY - a bustling town sandwiched between Glens Falls and Lake George!
- Fort Edward
Learn more about the town of Fort Edward in Upstate NY!
- Lake Luzerne
Read more about the quaint area of Hadley - Lake Luzerne!
- South Glens Falls
Learn more about the Village of South Glens Falls - a close knit community located in Upstate NY!
- Habitat for Humanity - Jeans & Jewels Gala
Join us on Saturday, April 26th as Habitat for Humanity takes over Cirelli's in South Glens Falls from 7 to 10pm, with our First Annual Jeans & Jewels Gala! Dress up or down we don't care, just come out to support us as we start our 24th Build in your community.
See full details
- Black Fly Affair: A Hikers' Ball
And we're off? to the races ADK style. Our Black Fly Affair: A Hikers' Ball will be held Saturday evening, May 31st, from 6:30 - 11pm at the Hiland Park Country Club in Queensbury, NY. This year, we invite you to Trek to the Track for an evening of great fun, fanfare and fundraising. The stakes are high, and we've only just rounded the Clubhouse Turn. Included in the festivities are dining, dancing, live and silent auctions, 'Dicey Wooden Horse Racing', a 'fabulous' hat contest, 'horse auction', signature brewpub fresh ales sampling from sponsor Davidson Brothers of Glens Falls and hand crafted spirits tasting from sponsor Lake George Distilling Co. ADK's assortment of silent auction items - gear, trips, services, one-of-a-kind offerings and priceless ADK memorabilia - will overtake previous years? and winners of ADK's annual raffle will be drawn, so everybody has a stake in it. Andy Pratt - DJ, Auctioneer, ADK Member, ididarider! and 46er will keep us on 'track' throughout the evening. The proceeds from ADK's largest annual fundraising event will support ADK C.A.R.E.S "across the board" - wilderness protection initiatives that advocate for greater public access to spectacular recreational resources while protecting them for those that follow.
See full details
- A Hunger For Art: Charity Art Show & Family Fun Day
Join us on Sunday, June 1st at Rainer's Gourmet for a day of art, family fun, delicious food, and live music! The Washington County Community Action Angels will host a charity art show and family fun day called "A Hunger For Art" to fund the Washington County Economic Opportunity Council's services.
See full details
- Americade Motorcycle Rally In Lake George
Americade has become the world's largest multi-brand motorcycle touring rally. Local estimates indicate it attracts 50,000-100,000 annually.
See full details
- The Double H Ranch Digging Into Dessert
Are you a home baker looking for your big break into the culinary competition world? Here's your chance! This year’s Double H Ranch Annual Gala will feature a one-of-a-kind Amateur Baking Competition. We are looking for the area’s best amateur bakers to compete for a grand prize of $1,000 American Express Gift Card. Three finalists will be selected to serve their very own creation to Gala guests who will determine the winner.
See full details
- + See all Glens Falls Region events
+ Add your event