Glens Falls Holiday Guide > Charities
Help Those In Need This Season
Looking to spread cheer beyond your family, friends and loved ones during the holidays? There are many different ways you can give back, including helping various charities, participating in food drives, and more. Take a look at the options, and offer a helping hand this season!
Charity Fundraisers and Events
|See all Charity & Fundraiser Events »|
Local and Regional Charities
- The Open Door - The Open Door is a Christian Ministry dedicated to reaching out and serving the needs of the homeless and unfortunate of our community regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation. One way this is accomplished is through the provision of nutritious meals served in a welcoming environment.
47 Lawrence Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- Double H Ranch - The Double H Ranch located in beautiful Lake Luzerne, New York is a nonprofit organization that provides a Summer Residential Camp, an Adaptive Winter Sports Program and Spring and Fall Family Programming to children and their families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. All programs are FREE of charge and capture the magic of the Adirondacks.
97 Hidden Valley Road, Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
- Cornerstone Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry -
293 1/2 Main Street, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
- Toys For Tots - The mission of the Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.
3033 St. Rt. 4, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
- Make-A-Wish Northeast New York Chapter -
The Make-A-Wish FoundationÂ grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. The Northeast New York chapter serves the 15 counties that comprise the 518 area code.
One Mustang Drive, Cohoes, NY 12047
- UJA Federation of New York -
With your donation, our network can feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and train the unemployed. We can respond quickly in a crisis. We can direct aid where it will do the most good — efficiently, effectively, and compassionately. And we can help ensure a strong, vital Jewish nation for generations to come.
130 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022
The Salvation Army - The traditional red kettle is an integral part of the Christmas scene, with millions of dollars donated each year to aid needy families, seniors, and the homeless, in keeping with the spirit of the season. Donations provide Christmas dinners, clothing, and toys for families in need.
13-15 Chester Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- The American Red Cross of Northeastern New York- The Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas: Disaster Relief, supporting America's Military Families, Lifesaving Blood, Health and Safety Services, International Services. American Red Cross of Glens Falls
74 Warren Street Glens Falls, NY 12801
- Disabled American Veterans - This nonprofit organization dedicated to the service of our nation's injured heroes. DAV is here to help them and to ensure that they are not alone on their road to recovery. The organization links Vets with services that assist them with physical, emotional, and financial needs. DAV helps service-injured veterans with job training and connects them with job assistance programs. The foundation also gives emergency grants to ill and injured veterans who have been impacted by natural disasters. DAV is now serving the Glens Falls Area and its Veterans.
- MITO Hope and Help - The program is dedicated to raising awareness of the Mitochondrial diseases. Mito Hope and Help has established an endowment fund with Albany Med that will fund the position of a nurse practitioner under Dr.Darius Adams who is a geneticist at the hospital.
33 Milton Street, Warrensburg , NY
- The WAIT House of Glens Falls, NY - The Wait House provides stability to youth who present themselves as homeless. This will be accomplished through the immediate provision of coordinated services; reunification of families where appropriate; the provision of supervised emergency and transitional housing, with the goal of personal responsibility and self-sufficiency.
Po Box 3252, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- WWAARC - The Warren, Washington & Albany Counties chapter of NYSARC serves people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. Their vision is to support and empower families and people with development disabilities so they my realize their full potential in our communities.
436 Quaker Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
- Glens Falls
Discover Hometown USA, Glens Falls NY!
Visit Queensbury, NY - a bustling town sandwiched between Glens Falls and Lake George!
- Fort Edward
Learn more about the town of Fort Edward in Upstate NY!
- Lake Luzerne
Read more about the quaint area of Hadley - Lake Luzerne!
- South Glens Falls
Learn more about the Village of South Glens Falls - a close knit community located in Upstate NY!
- Chowderfest 2015 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Chowderfest 2015 in Saratoga Springs NY! Come enjoy samples of chowder from over 50 local restaurants in Saratoga. Once you taste them all you can vote for your favorite! Bring your furry friend for a bowl of chowder just for them!
See full details
- 5th Annual Winter Raptor Fest in Fort Edward, NY
Experience the wonder of flight as hawks and falcons demonstrate their aerial agility at Friends of the IBA's 5th annual Winter Raptor Fest! Meet and learn about many of the owls, hawks and falcons of the Washington County Grasslands Important Bird Area, including our most endangered species!
See full details
- Glens Falls Rotary Club Annual 5K Race
Calling all runners, walkers and all levels in between! Kick off the racing season at the Glens Falls Rotary's 5th annual 5K Road Race, taking place on Saturday, April 18, 2015.
See full details
- Tour of the Battenkill Valley - Cycling Race in Washington County NY
The Annual Tour of the Battenkill Valley bicycle race will roll through Cambridge NY in southern Washington County. It is the nation's largest single-day pro /amateur bicycle race, expected to draw about 2,500 racers and as many as 50,000 spectators.
See full details
- Americade Motorcycle Rally In Lake George
Americade has become the world's largest multi-brand motorcycle touring rally. Local estimates indicate it attracts 50,000-100,000 annually.
See full details
- + See all Glens Falls Region events
+ Add your event