Charities In The Glens Falls Region
Help Those In Need This Season
Looking to spread cheer beyond your family, friends and loved ones during the holidays? There are many different ways you can give back, including helping various charities, participating in food drives, and more. Take a look at the options, and offer a helping hand this season!
Charity Fundraisers and Events
|See All Charity & Fundraiser Events »|
Local and Regional Charities
- The Open Door - The Open Door is a Christian Ministry dedicated to reaching out and serving the needs of the homeless and less fortunate of our community regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation. One way this is accomplished is through the provision of nutritious meals served in a welcoming environment.
47 Lawrence Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- Operation Santa Claus - Operation Santa Claus is a local, non-profit organization that provides food and clothing for children in need. The organization is always accepting donations and volunteers.
PO Box 707, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
- Double H Ranch - The Double H Ranch located in beautiful Lake Luzerne, New York is a nonprofit organization that provides a Summer Residential Camp, an Adaptive Winter Sports Program, and spring and fall family programming to children dealing with life-threatening illnesses. All programs are FREE of charge and capture the magic of the Adirondacks.
97 Hidden Valley Road, Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
- Toys For Tots - The mission of the Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as holiday gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.
3033 St. Rt. 4, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
- Make-A-Wish Northeast New York Chapter -
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. The Northeast New York chapter serves the 15 counties that comprise the 518 area code.
3 Washington Square, Albany, NY
- UJA Federation of New York -
With your donation, our network can feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and train the unemployed. We can respond quickly in a crisis. We can direct aid where it will do the most good — efficiently, effectively, and compassionately. And we can help ensure a strong, vital Jewish nation for generations to come.
130 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022
The Salvation Army - The traditional red kettle is an integral part of the Christmas scene, with millions of dollars donated each year to aid needy families, seniors, and the homeless, in keeping with the spirit of the season. Donations provide Christmas dinners, clothing, and toys for families in need.
13-15 Chester Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- The American Red Cross of Northeastern New York- The Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas: Disaster Relief, supporting America's Military Families, Lifesaving Blood, Health and Safety Services, International Services.
American Red Cross of Glens Falls
74 Warren Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- Disabled American Veterans - This nonprofit organization dedicated to the service of our nation's injured heroes. DAV is here to help them and to ensure that they are not alone on their road to recovery. The organization links vets with services that assist them with physical, emotional, and financial needs. DAV helps service-injured veterans with job training and connects them with job assistance programs. The foundation also gives emergency grants to ill and injured veterans who have been impacted by natural disasters. DAV is now serving the Glens Falls Area and its veterans.
- MITO Hope and Help - The program is dedicated to raising awareness of the Mitochondrial diseases and is committed to funding local appropriate medical care and support services for MITO patients of all ages.
33 Milton Street, Warrensburg, NY
- The WAIT House of Glens Falls, NY - The WAIT House provides stability to youth who present themselves as homeless. This is accomplished through the immediate provision of coordinated services; reunification of families where appropriate; the provision of supervised emergency and transitional housing, with the goal of personal responsibility and self-sufficiency.
12 Wait Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- WWAARC - The Warren, Washington & Albany Counties chapter of NYSARC serves people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. Their vision is to support and empower families and people with development disabilities so they my realize their full potential in our communities.
436 Quaker Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
- Cornerstone Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry -
293 1/2 Main Street, Hudson Falls, NY 12839