The information you are viewing for this event is from 2016.
Please check back for updates.
2016 Hometown Holidays Celebration
Ho Ho Hometown Holidays is coming to town again this year on December 2! Stroll the city streets and get transported to a winter wonderland filled with Santa and Mrs. Claus, reindeer, carolers and more.
The annual tree lighting ceremony kicks off at 5:45 p.m. with DeeJay DuBray as our MC, plus Santa Claus, Mayor Jack Diamond, and carolers from Glens Falls Community Theatre. Stores will be open for holiday shopping - be sure to bring your list! Keep the holiday spirit going all through the night by mingling with costumed characters, reading Santa your wishlist and listening to carolers with a cup of hot cocoa in hand.
After The Tree Lighting
The Hometown Holiday offers a cornucopia of free holiday-centered activities, sights, sounds and tastes throughout the downtown area, including:
Free open house and refreshments with a guided tour of the Glens Falls Chronicle photo exhibit at the Chapman Historical Museum
Dickinson's Delights with crepes inside at Glens Falls Food Co-Op on South Street *not listed on map*
Choir performance at Church of the Messiah
Charles Evans Hughes exhibit and snowing flutes at Crandall Public Library
Walkway under the lights and carolers at Exchange Street Plaza
Organ music at the First Presbyterian Church
Visit with Santa at Glens Falls National Bank and enter to win a sled full of toys
Stroll downtown with costumed characters
- Holiday karate demonstration at Glens Falls Karate Academy
- Mulled cider and cookies at Lake George Olive Oil Company
- Mrs. Claus and live reindeer at NBT Bank with hot chocolate and cookies
- Refreshments at Finders Keepers Consignments
- Gift Back: Alternative Gift Fair at Mean Max Brew Works
- Hot chocolate bar at Samantha's Cafe & Catering
- Open house at Sip & Canvas
- 1942 Christmas Radio Show with Gary Ferris and art by Rodney Allen Bentley at SPoT Coffee Glens Falls
- Free open house at the World Awareness Children's Museum with activities for children
- Free sleigh rides, pony rides, and petting zoo
- Hot chocolate and cookies at Whisper Boutique
- Stewart's Shops with hot cocoa, costumed characters, and Adirondack Pipes and Drums at the Charles R. Wood Theater
- Local author book signing and refreshments at the Advokate, LLC Boutique
- Festival of Trees at The Queensbury Hotel
- Enter to win a tintype portrait with Glens Falls Art, inside 18 Ridge Street
We hope to see you there!